Once the Silent Auction is open, you will be able to begin placing bids from your smartphone or mobile device. The process is easy, and, if assistance is needed, volunteers and bidding assistants will be available throughout the evening of the event. You can bid from home, too!
How it works:
• You must be registered in order to bid.
• Register online at http://pifs.givesmart.com/.
Registering online is the easiest way to place bids in the auction. You can register at any time. Click “Sign In” on the top right corner of the event page, and click on the register now link if you have not yet created your profile. Enter your name, contact information, and payment method. Registering online will help us ensure a quick check-in and check-out process at the event.
Once the event begins on 11/9, you will receive a welcome text message. Click on the link within the text message you received. This will log you in automatically to your own personal bidding center.
- View All: See all auction items
- Categories: Browse items by category
- My Items: Items you’ve bid on or are “watching”
- Donate: Make a tax-deductible donation to the organization
- Sponsors: Information on event sponsors
- Items Without Bids: List of items with no bids
- Item # or Keyword: Enter the item name or number and hit Go! which will take you to the item page to place a bid
Now let’s bid!
- Bid: Automatically enters the next minimum bid amount; you will be asked by pop-up screen to confirm your bid
- Change bid amount: You can manually enter any amount that is greater than the “next bid”
- Set Maximum Bid: So that you don’t risk getting outbid at the last minute, everyone is encouraged to set a max bid. The auction software will automatically raise your bid by a pre-determined increment until your maximum bid has been met or the silent auction ends
- Watch Item: Adds items to your “My Items” list for easy reference later
- Buy Now: Enables you to purchase an item outright instead of bidding (not always activated)